Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Bow Holder for Emily

So I have been really wanting a bow holder for Emily ever since I found so many cute hairstyles on the blogs I follow.  I looked everywhere but they were just not in my price range, so I thought on it for a while and decided to make my own.

Here's what I started with A large white letter E ($3 @craft store)
A Spool of blue ribbon ($1 @craft store on clearence )
Buttons from the needlework section of the local craft store(a splurge at $4) but will be used for several crafts
Hot Glue Gun ( i already owned)
Scissors
                                      

 Next I let Emily decide where the buttons should be placed
Then I used my hot glue gun to glue two strips of the blue ribbon on the back of the E


Now at this point you could be done, but I clipped little slits all down the ribbon like so

This way the clips would not slide down & also we could use it for our headbands. This was the end result:



Cute as a button right and it only took like 5 minutes to make even with my little sweet pea helping.  Total cost $8 bucks not to shabby :)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute idea. I think I may have to do this when my Emmalee has friends over it would be a great craft! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete